Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spanish night at FHE


For my ward family night they put me in charge of the international culture, and exotic food night. I spent so much time on Sunday just making some of the famous Spanish Tortillas. Luckily i had some good help from some friends.
On Monday i got some more help and made some Arroz con Leche from Irene Caso's famous grandma Isabala recipe. Everyone loved it and it was gone in no time.
The Spanish tortilla was a hit to. I had 6 tortillas made.

Javier came to help the people in my ward get to know a little more about Spain. Javier is a talented guy and put on quite the show for everyone. He had his Cajon, and his Spanish guitar. He sang some songs in Spanish for everyone, and then i joined him in a couple of songs playing the Cajon (The box drum) while Javi played the guitar and sang. While all of that was going on, I had my dvd of my Spain slide show going, so people could see what Spain looked like.
It was a lot of fun and everyone came up to me afterward to tell me how much fun they had, and how much they loved the food.
Viva Espana! !Ole!

2 comments:

mckenna said...

Looks like you're really into the drumming there!! :)

kimmers said...

Seriously, it was so much fun. I loved the food (*ahem* ... I will take some credit) and the music was really fun. Thanks for being willing to put this together for us!