Saturday, February 21, 2009

Road trip to Cali

My friend Kurt called me up on Wed. to see if I would video tape his dog retrieve pheasants after he shot them. He's been really big into training his dog in retrieving birds. That was an interesting experience, nevertheless it was fun.

On Thursday night my friend Kurt and I went on a little road trip to Southern California to pick up a bird hunting dog similar to the one he has. Kurt thought this could possibly be something that he could do to earn some extra money, and give me a little bit in return.
We drove through the night. Surprisingly the trip went pretty fast, because we talked almost the entire trip reminiscing about the good-ol-days.
We got to the town in CA called Little Rock, near Apply Valley, around 6:45 am. We didn't stay long at all.. Maybe a few minutes.
The dog was a very good dog.. (I'm not good with knowing or remember the different kinds of dog breeds) But it kept quiet sitting in a cage in the back.
We stopped in St. George on the way back to have lunch with a friend of mine who i used to work with a few years ago, Craig. So we went to Jack-in the-box and had lunch and talked for a little bit. It was only a few more hours until we got back home, just in time for Kurt to take the rented car back.

No comments: