Thursday, February 26, 2009

Internship Forum

Today I had the privilege of being on the International Internship panel at UVU where i got to share my experiences from the internship i did at the U.S. Commercial Service office in Madrid, Spain during the fall semester of 2007.


There were about 80 people who showed up. There were 5 people on the panel including: Eric Graves, Director of international marketing for Nature's Sunshine, Lew Cramer, CEO of the World Trade Center Utah, Danny Damron, Director of International Center at UVU, Ashley Ward, who did her internship with HELP International in Uganda Africa, and then Me.

We all got together the hour before, with some other professionals from UVU and had a caterd lunch beore the panel presentation. It was a great way to make some good contacts and get to know everyone better. Everyone kept giving me names of people to contact to ask about either doing internships that could eventually lead to getting me steady employment, or to contact them to talk about my experiences from my internship more further in the future.

I think I'll have some opportunities to be able to go into the international trade business if i can keep in touch with some of these individuals that i was fortunate enough to meet today.
I had Marsha Haynes, the Internship coordinator take these pics for me. I wish she got some more from different areas of the room, but it's all good.. I've documented the day

3 comments:

Bailey said...

i should have just showed up secretly and not told you ;)

kimmers said...

Sorry I couldn't make it! I have classes straight from 10-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sounds like a fun time though!

Anonymous said...

You have hit the mark. Thought good, I support.