Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saying goodbye to old school rollerblades

Today was such a nice day that Dave and I decided to go get some exercise by going up to Provo canyon to ride the river trail. Dave has his longboard, and I have my roller blades.
On the way down the canyon things were going good. We finished the trail and were just getting into the parking lot, when suddenly my skate felt funny.. I looked down and noticed the bottom of my roller blade was falling off. I tried to take it easy, but then all of a sudden the bottom broke off!

I bought these roller blades, "Lightnings", back when i was 14 years old at Classic Skating. The Lightnings model has been discontinued for years, but they are my favorite skate. I got some really good use out of my roller blades and had them for 14 years! I just barely bought new wheels and bearings for them back in September. They will be missed

5 comments:

mckenna said...

Ha ha ha ha!! You're such a dork!!

Katherine said...

You're lucky you didn't have an accident. The last (the only) time I went rollerblading, I ended up with bloody knees. People kept asking me if I was ok, and I didn't even know I was bleeding.

Spencer said...

I don't know what I will do the day I have to say goodbye to my old skates. I'd rather not think about it. I'm glad we found each others blogs

kimmers said...

Ok, so even though I cracked up when Dave told me about that, I do feel bad and I'm really glad you didn't get hurt. And that you didn't get stuck at the top of the trail with one rollerblade.

P.S. I like your shorts. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha, no way!

Last weekend my original pair of Rollerblades (zetra 100, circa 1990, full laceup) broke on me in the exact area where yours broke.