Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Historical Utah Jazz Game

Tuesday April 6th marked the phenomenal Utah Jazz win over the Oklahoma City Thunder, which happened to be the highest scoring Jazz game in nearly 20 years. My roommate and I were lucky enough to not only attend the game, but go down onto the court and welcome the OKC Thunder onto the court for the pre-game-warm-up with other friends.
I have to brag a little bit here, I busted out a few of my sweet dance moves while I was waiting for the players to come out. Now I can say I have danced (somewhat) on the Utah Jazz basketball court.
Every player on OKC gave us a high-five. One player, DJ White came out all spazzy. It was quite funny to watch him sort of mock us with his excitement.
We ran into former Jazz player, Jeff Hornacek in the tunnel downstairs. That was cool.
The game was a fast paced, high-scoring game. The Jazz were up by 10 points with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, when all of a sudden Kevin Durant became the man-on-fire and made four 3-point shots, tying up the game. The game ended up going into overtime. D-Will made a clutch shot with just over one second remaining that put the Jazz up by one point. There was then tons of controversy with what happened next. After the Thunder's time out, Kevin Durant shot the ball and was blocked by Cj Miles. Durant, and the entire Thunder team felt there was a foul involved with the final shot, but it wasn't called. The entire team and staff remained on the floor for a few minutes after the game, bitching and complaining about the missed call. The final score, 140-139. Great game!

1 comment:

MOMster said...

I would have liked to have seen those dance moves. Haha. That's awesome that you were able to go onto the floor and welcome the Okies. That reminds me of my similar not-so-long-ago experience with the Boston Celtics. :) Awesome post!