Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beginning Spring with a colorful bang

March 27th marked the beginning of Spring for those who attended the Holi Festival located at the Lotus Krishna Temple in Salem Utah. This Holi Festival of Colors happens to be the largest festival of its kind celebrated in th United States. Thousands upon thousands were in attendance. Hindu's believe that chanting, dancing and the throwing of the colors is the best way to celebate the arrival of Spring.
My favorite part of the festival is being able to enjoy some messy fun with a bunch of my friends. The pictures take are also priceless. I went inside the temple where I joined in with some chanting and dancing. That was a lot of fun. If you have good company you will have a blast. One week later, and the Holi Festival still has had no effect on the Utah Spring weather. It has been snowing on and off, and too cold to ride my motorcycle. Hopefully the Spring weather will begin soon.

No comments: