Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Donut Falls

The month of June is quickly turning out to be one of the rainiest on record. With that being said, I have had a few days off work here and there. I enjoy having extra days off work. This way I can venture out into the mountains and find new places to hike to. My recent find is called Donut Falls.
It's located about nine miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon. The hike is about 3/4 mile, making it short enough to get even the most out of shape people up to it without breaking a sweat. It was more like a walk through the woods until I got to the falls.
Once at the falls, you need to tread through some of the water and climb your way up to the donut hole where water from above comes through a hole on the top of a rock and crashing down into a nice enclosed cove. It's a little slick making your way up, but it's worth the climb.

Unfortunately this hike was way too short for me, so I probably won't be going up there again anytime soon unless I'm with someone who would love to go on a little stroll trough the woods to see a neat little waterfall. Where will my next hiking adventure bring me? Guess now for your chance to come with me on that hike ;)

2 comments:

kimmers said...

That place looks awesome! Dave and I will for sure have to check that out. :)

Katherine said...

Looks like a cool place. Is it somewhere we can take the kids?