Sunday, June 7, 2009

Action packed weekend

This Spring has started out busy for me and I haven't been the best blogger lately. Sorry to all of my friends and family out there who were wondering where I went. Since I started working doing asphalt maintenance again for the 6th summer straight, I have been super busy.

This past weekend I was able to get out and finally enjoy some time with friends and family. I went to the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert on Friday night. My mom bought me a couple of extra tickets, so I took my buddy Javi. It was a really fun show. If you haven't seen Shupe and his band live, then you must go. The band is known for its ability to stretchout musically in all directions. They will for sure have something that will please everyone in the crowd. The band is packed full of energy as they play, and they run all over the stage with a little bit of choreography included. They also performed three new songs that Ryan wrote over the winter. Here are a couple pics from the show.

As if going to a sweet show wasn't enough, I finished my week going to the airshow at Hill Air Force Base with my mom and little brothers.

I love aviation and fast jets. Ever since I was a little tyke growing up in Nevada I wanted to be a pilot. I was born and lived in Tonopah until I was 7. Tonopah used to be the home of the Stealth Fighter. Planes always used to fly by and wake me up in the mornings.

This airshow wasn't as great as the one they had just a few years ago, but there were a lot more people in attendance this year. It took us over an hour once we got to Layton before we were able to park the car! There were WAY too many people there!
Some of my favorites from the show were: The F-16 demonstration, F-18, and stunt planes doing their flips and twists. I was a little disappointed that the F-22, or B1b didn't do any flyovers. The F-22 is my new favorite stealthy plane, but for some reason it wasn't used. The show went well and finished the day off with the Thunderbirds. The Thunderbirds are great and everything, but after seeing the same routines at every airshow, it starts to get a little old. Overall it was a great day and I had a lot of fun watching my jets thunder by.

No comments: