Monday, June 29, 2009

11 years of riding and going

This is a pic with my first bike that was taken just after I turned 17. I wasn't the cutest kid in high school, but that's ok.
I have been having this random craving on and off during the past few years, and recently during the past few months to buy another bullet bike. Last summer when the gas prices sky rocketed I decided to buy a scooter. Well the prices have come down a little bit, and I have been getting bored riding that thing around, so I sold it.
I know there what you're thinking. A bullet bike? He's going to kill himself on it! Let me reassure you that I am an excellent driver. I bought my first motorcycle when I was a senior in high school at the age of 17. My friend TW drove bikes and got me into it and helped me to find a cheap bike. I had to do some major fixing it up but eventually, after re-welding the frame straight and bending the forks back straight, I had a nice ride to school.
Since then I have owned 3 other bullet bikes, a scooter, and now I finally when out and bought a new bullet bike! This is now my 4th bullet bike. I liked my last bullet bike so much that I decided to stick with Suzuki GSXR. My last bike was a 01 600cc.
I am excited to announce that I am now the proud owner of an 06 GSXR 750. This bike has more nuts than the 600's. I love it! After riding it around for about 20 min. my riding skills came back and it seemed like it wasn't too long ago since I last drove a bike; even though it has been 4 years!

I bought it at a place up in Salt Lake. As I was driving it home on the freeway, some wind caught my sunglass and tossed them off in the middle of the freeway. Luckily they weren't too pricey, but that is the first time that has ever happened. I need to be carefull which way I turn my head at 90 miles an hour.
There are a few guys in my ward that ride bikes to, so maybe I'll have some riding buddies since my best friend Dave doesn't have a bike anymore.

No comments: