Sunday, March 15, 2009

Santa Barbara

My brother called me up and asked me if i wanted to visit him while he was on call in Santa Barbara.
I figured why not... I'm not working right now, so this would be a great opportunity to have a little vacation time.
I jumped in my car and headed out on Wed. night to St. George and stayed the night with my friend Craig and his wife. I left the next morning to Santa Barbara.
It's been a good time being able to hang out with my older brother Brandon. We haven't hung on in many years. Luckily he never got called to work, so we spent the whole time exploring Santa Barbara. We went to the beach and roller bladed

around the the beach front area. We also went to different parks and went out exploring the city. We even found a park up by the mountains and did a little bit of hiking.

The weather was great the whole time i was there. Mid 60s during the day, and kinda chilly at night.

We went to a sandwhich deli one evening to get some food and i was in my shorts and T-shirt and the owner came outside to the table i was eating

and brought over the heating lantern and turned it on for me. It was pretty funny, but he wanted to keep me warm.

It was nice having a car to be able to drive around and get to know the city better. The downtown area reminded me a lot of Spain. It gives the european vibe.

Santa Barbara is a very beautiful city that has every. Ocean, and mountains, and shopping. I love recreational activities, and there are plenty to be done here. The vegetation reminds me a lot of Hawaii.
I recommend Santa Barbara. It's a little pricey, but if you have the hook ups like i did.. Take advantage.














5 comments:

{irene} said...

Oh...I'm dying to go there!!!

mckenna said...

Ugh. I'm jealous. I want to get away to ANYWHERE warm!!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Funny how you go to Cali to vacation and I go to Utah! Not for long!!! Santa B. looked awesome and I see you were rollerblading? Did the lightnings make a comeback?

Justin Nixon said...

The lightnings didn't make a comeback.. They've been recycled to the dumb. I bought some new blades. K2 Motos.. They're so sweet.. I actually think they're better than the lightnings, so i guess i'm glad i had to buy new blades.. Too bad i just missed you Bridget. Thanks for commenting on my blog ya'll

Anonymous said...

i AM JEALOUS I WANTED TO GO