Sunday, April 20, 2008

Workin on the Rodeo

This weekend I had to get my Isuzu Rodeo ready to pass another year of Saftey and Emissions tests. I'm amazed that my rodeo is still kickin. It's a 92', so it's now 16 years old. It's weird to think that at one time that it was kinda new and pimping.

(This pic is old, but the only one i have of my rodeo)

So my buddy Kurt helped me to change the sparkplugs and the wires. That was interesting, because we found out that whoever changed the spark plugs last (a lube shop in Provo) put in the wrong size spark plugs. After pulling out the plugs, we discovered that the arched tips of two of the plugs were broken off. It's amazing that the vehicle was still running smooth.


So the nex day i was making sure everything was looking good on the Rodeo before i brought it in for the tests, and as i was adjusting the side mirror on the passenger side, i accidently broke the mirror in half! I wasn't too happy with that. Can't pass the safety without the mirror. The glass shop wanted $30 dollars for a new one. I headed over to checker auto and found a reflective material that can be hand cut to the size you need by using scizzors. So i figured why not... besidees, it was only $11 bucks. Well i cut it out and put it in, and took it back over to the shop and sure enough it passed the saftey test. I don't think the lady got a really good look at it, but she was surprised that i had gotten it replaced so fast. Looking at the mirror from a distance looks real, but it really is a piece of crap. I can't see a thing with it.



Well overall, my mission was accomplished. I got the rodeo to pass another years worth of inspections. Lets see what will happen next year.

No comments: