Thursday, March 20, 2008

Working on a new short movie

This semester i have been taking a digital cinema class. This class is required for me to take as part of getting my degree in Communications.
So far this semester i have worked on a one minute movie. If you scroll to the very bottom of my blog you could see my 1 min movie called backwards school. This clip was posted on youtube, and it's actually my first edit, so it's not that great; however, if you have facebook, you can check out my page and see the newly edited version of my 1 minute movie.
My final project for the class has to be around 3 to 5 minutes long. I've been planning and working on a script with my group. The teacher gives us a few guidelines to follow, so this time around we had to work around a certain kind of story.
What we have planned so far for the next movie is a life of a janitor working at the school washing windows when he sees the girl of his dreams walk by. I will be playing the janitor, and will be finding friends to play the other parts. Basically the janitor follows the girl, into the library. He sees a friend of his, who is a magician who tries to hit on her. He confronts his magician friend Larry and they have little battles over trying to win her love. We're still working out the details, but basically they find out that they're just working themselves up over nothing, because she's just way out of their league.
I edit these movie clips with final cut pro on the mac. It's amazing how much you could do with using the art of cinematography. It's quite simple to do. If you wanted to, you could film a movie with your digital camera.
Windows comes with a program called windows media editor that is like a simplified version of final cut pro. So everybody could essentially create their own little skit type movies if they wanted to, whether they used a mac or a PC.
Stay tuned in a couple of weeks to see my latest movie.

2 comments:

Shana said...

That was a cool movie. My cousin did a backward music video once, and I didn't catch on for awhile. Good work.

Vlazny's said...

You did a great job. Looked awesome!