Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spoiling myself



I have been wanting to get a new tv for a long time. I don't know why, but i have just wanted to spoil myself a little bit. I have been searching around for the past couple weeks and was deciding if i would muster up the courage and fork out the money.

I finally did it today. I got a 46" 1080p samsung flatscreen for $1450. It was an open box, so i got a better deal. Actualy when the mananger came over to help with the sell, he was a little upset at how under priced the tv was. The sales guy told me that they lost 8% because someone didn't list the open box price right. The original one was $2100, so i'm not complaining. I later saw the manger talking to some other employees about what had happened as if he was lecturing them for being the ones for listening the tv wrong.

The hiden fees. So with a hi-def tv you need a HDMI cable, that was like 60 bucks, then you also need to get a surge protector. The protector cuts out dirty power to keep a better image. That was another 80 bucks, then also had some screen cleaner. I figured it would probably be smart to buy an extended warranty, so i got a 3 year for almost another 300. So that racks things up pretty fast.

There is a huge difference from my old regular 32" tv. When i watch tv in my room at night it almost seems like the light is still on, cause it's so bright. Especially with the simpsons and the family guy. Those cartoons are really bright.

Since it's spring break i wont have as much time to enjoy the new luxuries of life. Tomorrow im heading up to Kennewick, WA to visit my aunt Katie for the rest of the week with my brother and his wifey and kiddies. Should be some good times, but i'm not looking forward to the drive with the little girls in the car for nearly 10 hours.

3 comments:

The Nixons said...

lucky for us the girls have been exceptionally good on the trip so far!

Your TV is nice! Im pretty jealous!

-Julie

{irene} said...

Nice TV!!!!....now!you can watch me in high def!

mckenna said...

I'm jealous. I wish I could blow my money on nice things for myself! May as well do it while you can! Good luck on that drive! It doesn't matter how well behaved your nieces are. Kids + Long Car Drive = LOADS OF FUN!