Thursday, June 24, 2010

Backstreet Back in SLC

When I first heard that Backstreet Boys were coming to Utah, I couldn't wait to go see them. My roommates and I decided we'd go together to see the show. We have gone through a lot of criticism from everybody, because we were the only guys they know who was going.. All I have to say to that is that hey.. every guy not going sure did miss out. Every Teeny-Bopper who fell in love with the band has now grown up, and still hold fast to their love of the Backstreet Boys.. Yes.. I'd say the average age of women at the concert was early to mid twenties. Perfect age for 3 single guys in their upper 20s. Needless to say... We did get a couple numbers.
The show started later than expected. We waited an hour and a half before they came out. The opening act was a DJ. That was pretty much the lamest opening act I have ever seen. He ended up being the one-man band for the BSB.

They sang a bunch of old school songs, which brought me back to my teenage years.. in 1999 my buddies and I went to the BSB Millenium Tour. That was fun too. There was a movie theme that went along with the show. Each band member remade their favorite movie and put themselves in the staring roll. As the boys were changing their outfits, the movie clips would come on. They were pretty funny, and well done. Fast and Furious, The Matrix, and Fight Club were some of the movies they did. They put their own twist onto it and made it look like they were really the star actors in the movie. It was a very clever idea.

We bought our tickets the day they went on sale and ended up with some of the best seats in the house. first section from the stage, 6th row. This made for excellent photos.
BSB mentioned they have been around now for 17 years. That is just nuts. Everyone thought boy bands would fade fast, but these guys are here to stay, and continue to put out great music.
BSB mentioned that their first music video "Quit Playing Games With My Heart", was filmed in Salt Lake City. I didn't know that.
Overall, great show and sweet dance moves. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

Vlazny's said...

I like the blog look! I bet that was a good concert! Who is missing from the group? I want to see the music video now, if only I knew where to look. Let me know if you find it.

Katherine said...

The movies sounded cool. Looks like you had fun time.

MOMster said...

17 years?! Sheesh. I didn't know they'd been around that long already. Seems like we're all getting old. Glad you had a good time!