Thursday, April 23, 2009

My last outing


So i realize that i have been lame lately for not blogging about anything. Normally i have all kinds of adventures to blog about, but lately it just doesn't seem like i have been doing much. I figured it was time to blog again so i can keep my followers happier than little campers.

A few days ago when the weather was looking spectacular, i decided to get in some good leg exercises; rollerblading. As most of you already know, my old school roller blades of 14 years recently passed away and have been laid to rest in the dumpster. Currently they rest in peace at the Orem City dump. Needless to say, i ended up replacing them with some sweet K2 inline skates.

My favorite place to skate is on the Provo River Trail that starts at the mouth of Provo Canyon, and goes up past Bridal Veil Falls to Vivian Park. To Bridal Veil the trip is about 3 miles one way. To Vivian Park it's about 6 miles one way. The trail is always so much fun to skate on, because of the surrounding mountains and the beauty of the river that runs along the trail. Going up is a slightly uphill. I was hoping to make it all the way to Vivian park when i suddenly came across the remnants of an old avalanche that covered the trail. I didn't want to risk ruining my wheels, so i decided to turn back. Going back is great since it's mostly downhill. What a great way to enjoy mother nature and exercise at the same time!

I have recently started working this week doing asphalt maintenance. I'm totally bummed that i can't find a job that will allow me to use my degree in public relations, that i recently got just a few months ago. No one seems to be hiring these days.

1 comment:

kimmers said...

I guess we can just be happy that you have a job aye? :)