Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween in the air


The spookiest time of year happens to be my favorite time of year. For some, it's the scariest time of year, or the least favorite time of year. I Love the fall weather when it's not too cold.

The month of October is filled with opportunities to get out and enjoy activities that can't be done any other time of year.

I was going to got CornBellys Cornmaze lastnight, but the weather made it just a little too cold to be outside wondering aimlessly in a corn maze. It was in the 30's and windy. Yikes! so i decided to goto a haunted house instead. I went with my friend Beth, and we decided that we would spend about the same amount of money, but reduce the risk of getting sick by staying indoors.


Nightmare on 13th is probably the most famous haunted house in Utah. It's located on 13th south in Salt Lake City. At $20 I think that it is a little too expensive, but had some cool effects. If you haven't been to a haunted house in a few years, it would be nice to get out and see what technology has brought to the table in haunted houses. I don't want to give anything away, but it was cool to see. Unfortunatley i wasn't ever scared. Not even once, but Beth was several times, including a few scares that came from me.

I'm almost immune from getting scared in a haunted house. Knowing that you are paying to potentially get scared just doesn't cut it for me. I know what's going to happen.


Haunted houses or not, October is a time where Americans want to be spooked. Growing up, I always loved the pumpkin carving and smashing.

Another one of my earliest memories of Halloween is my memories of scary stories. The Headless Horseman is probably one of the most recognized stories.



I'm not quite sure why people like to get scared, but it's a time of year that everyone should take advantage of. It's our culture, and something kids love. I looked forward to it every year growing up, and i still do.

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Yeah...no haunted houses for me! I am the biggest pansy on the planet! Fake or not. Expected or not! I am sure I would leave only after peeing my pants! Glad there are those of you out there though that enjoy that kind of stuff!