Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Antelope Excursion

This past weekend I was able to knock off one of the items that has been on my bucket list for years; visit the Great Salt Lake.
I went to an island on the Great Salt Lake called Antelope Island. I did a little bit of hiking with my buddy Ryan. Our group rented some kayaks, and wanted to paddle around the White Rock Bay, but as you can tell from the photo, it would have been about a mile walk just to get to the water, and those kayaks were heavy. We decided to stick to the North Bay, because the water was much closer to get to from the parking lot. The lake held up to its name. It was so salty that after the water dried on your skin, it left enough of a salty residue to salt up a meal for 5 by scraping salt off your body.

It was a great day to spend playing with friends on a sandy beach.

No comments: