Thursday, December 10, 2009

When you can relate to music

I have been listening to music on my iPod a lot lately and noticed that there are a ton of songs that have been written about love. After going through a breakup, I have noticed more than ever before how much songs relate to me and my situation in some way or another. It's funny how artists experience different things in their own relationships and then later write about them in a song. It seems that most songs are about love for some reason, but I also noticed that these songs usually go two ways; Break up, or just in love songs.
I think most everybody experiences the same kinds of problems with their own relationships and this is why so many people relate to the music that they listen to. There are only so many ways things can go in a relationship. Every relationship is an experience that not only helps you to figure out what it is you want in a significant other, but at the same time helps you to become more aware yourself, and who you really are. Needless to say, I need to stop listening to such sappy music :)
This song is 10 years old from a group called El Canto del Loco (The crazy song) It reminds me of how those of us who are still single, are single because it's always someone in the relationship that ends up liking the the other person more than the other person likes you in return. That's what this song is all about. No matter how hard he tries, nothing seems to be working for him. He always seems to like the girl more than she likes him, and he's tired of the same cycle. A friend of mine told me this once, "In relationships, the power lies with whoever cares the least... But power isn't happiness. Happiness comes from caring the most." This is true to me, because you are the happiest when you do acts of charity for each other. When you do acts of service for your fellow being, you're only in the service of God. That is where true happiness is found.

Vivir Asi Es Morir De Amor(Living like this is dying of love)
The reason always tricks me
And dominates my heart.
I don't know how to fight against love
I'm always going to fall in love
With someone who doesn't fall in love with me
That is why my soul cries.

And I can't do it anymore
I can't do in anymore
The same story always repeats
And I can't do it anymore
I can't do it anymore
I'm fed up with going around in circles

(Chorus)
Living like this is dying of love
Love is why my soul is wounded
For love...
I don't have anymore lives than this life
Melancholy (sadness)
Living like this is dying of love
I'm a begger for her kisses
I'm your friend
And I want to be something more than that
Melancholy

My being is always over come
my serenity turns into craziness
And I'm filled with bitterness
I'm always going to fall in love
With someone who doesn't fall in love with me
And that is why my soul cries

And I can't do it anymore
I can't do in anymore
The same story always repeats
And I can't do it anymore
I can't do it anymore
I'm fed up with going around in circles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I think nice post. Specially the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it