Saturday, October 24, 2009

The need for speed

This past week I thought i'd put my GSXR, aka crotch rocket and my guts to the test, and open it up on the freeway. Now in no way am I bragging about how fast I went. I do think it's really cool to be able to say that I have been this fast without leaving the ground. How many people do you know can say they have ever achieved this kind of speed on the ground? This can easily make for a good story to the grandkids someday.
I will never go this fast again, but it was quite the rush. How fast did I go you ask? 160MPH!!!!!!
I know... I'm nuts. Immediately after reaching that speed I slowed down, so it wasn't like I held that speed for a long time. My bike can reach that speed quite fast and slow down just as fast; all by the touch of the throttle.

1 comment:

kimmers said...

You are pretty much insane. I hope you live to know your grandkids. ;)